Lemon trees

rossco51, Nov 14, 9:17pm
I have just moved into a new residence and it has 2 lovely lemon trees, how ever some of the leaves are turning a pale yellow colour what can I do to stop this please many thanks cheers.

rosess, Nov 14, 10:18pm
I moved into a house with lemon tree with similar issues. Two doses of epsom salts and some general garden fertiliser under the tree, and now it look's great (7 months later).

My Dad said just to pee under it each day so you could always give that a go.

lythande1, Nov 15, 7:41am
Feed them. Peeing is a gardening myth, use citrus fertiliser. You can give magnesium as a quick fix, but dolomite lime is a longer term cure for the deficiency.

cantabman1, Nov 15, 7:43am
All good above advise except the peeing. A little is ok, but do it too much and you could eventually kill it with kindness.

harm_less, Nov 15, 8:33am
Epson salt is quick fix (highly soluble) magnesium. Dolomite ( calcium magnesium carbonate )is also a magnesium input but works slower for longer.

bryshaw, Nov 16, 12:46pm
Peeing around the tree regularly does work.

lythande1, Feb 13, 7:19am
Works what exactly?
human urine contains urea (nitrogen) and is pH 6, nitrogen (can be over 10% in a high protein diet), low in phosphorus (1%), and moderate in potassium (2-3%). (Which is a pretty crap NPK for a fruiting plant)

Undiluted urine can chemically burn the leaves or roots of some plants, particularly if the soil moisture content is low.

So at best it's going to help bugger all, and at worst burn it.