House painting

squeakygirl, Apr 23, 2:10pm
Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost of painting a 2 bedroom weatherboard house?

tegretol, Apr 23, 4:57pm
$9,371.86 in white. Add $932.92 if coloured.

wine-o-clock, Apr 23, 7:19pm
+gst

dajoki, Apr 23, 7:22pm
I could do it for 10% less if cash.

zak410, Apr 23, 7:46pm
Get some quotes from tradesmen from your local papers. Nobody can even guess confidently without seeing it.

tegretol, Apr 23, 8:13pm
Cheapskate. OK lower my quote by 15% (no gst as I'm an unregistered but cheap painter).

cagivachick1, Apr 23, 8:53pm
number of bedrooms has nothing to do with the exterior painting of a house its all about whats needed to prep for paint and wall area

supernova2, Apr 23, 9:45pm
Just got a quote today for a 90 sq mtr house. Total exterior including roof $3500 inc GST. Thats to do it in some shade of whitish grey with darker roof.

squeakygirl, Apr 24, 7:34am
Thanks everyone. Will have to get some quotes I guess.

colin433, Apr 24, 4:43pm
ask to see some of their work too. I was asking on a local buy/sell/etc page on f/book. Got a reply from one guy who said I could go and inspect his work. Another poster said not to touch him, and listed what he did wrong on their job.
Painter came back with threats of what he was going to do to the second person for defamation.
I opted out of it. House is still not painted and really not needing it yet. Must have been a good painter who did it (now deceased) as the house is 13 years old.

sossie1, Apr 24, 4:49pm
Its all going to depend on the prep, you could get a cheaper quote from someone who will paint over existing exterior. Or a more expensive quote including scraping and sanding.

payntr, Apr 24, 10:47pm
visit your local paint supplier resene/dulux/guthrie bowron or who ever is in your area and ask them to recommend someone.a hell of a lot of cowboys out there.

dee238, Apr 25, 5:19am
I did this with Resene. You put your name down and they send one of their recommended painters around to give a quote. No-one contacted me. Went back to Resene and asked if they had forwarded my request on. They said yes, but would do so again. No-one contacted me. Guess they had a lot of work on.

squeakygirl, Apr 26, 3:18pm
Thanks sossie, I think the last painter did just that! It needs a lot of prep. I have someone coming in the morning so that will be interesting.

squeakygirl, Apr 26, 3:18pm
Havew done that payntr - coming tomorrow.

gabbysnana, Apr 26, 6:03pm
1 coat job

loud_37, Apr 26, 7:02pm
That wouldn't even cover labour / materials just prepping for paint.

gph1961, Apr 26, 11:03pm
get the guy who does a cambelt for a crate
might be 2 crates to paint a house
ask him

funkydunky, Apr 27, 8:13am
Quick tape & spray - no charge for the overspray

mumwins, Apr 27, 8:29am
I use nocowboys website to see customer feedback

trade4us2, Apr 27, 8:54am
This is Gardening & DIY, so do it yourself.
I painted my house for nothing plus the cost of paint.

apollo11, Nov 20, 7:01am
Me too. I had to peel off several layers of acrylic that hadn't bonded to the original enamel though. Warmed it up with a heat gun and it pulled off in big sheets. The entire bloody house. Ended up with a couple of heavy rubbish bags of peeled paint to take to the tip.