Parts of our garden

colin433, Oct 13, 4:39pm
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/658905209.jpg
today's effort, this is the area I was asking for suggestions for, and have decided on two colours of alyssum and an upright lobelia.
we don't have the house paint colour for the brackets, maybe we could paint them the same colour as the shelves.
Not finished as you can see, two more punnets of alyssum needed

colin433, Oct 13, 4:44pm

colin433, Oct 13, 4:50pm
trademe wont allow me to show the other view that I took (three times) showing the planter boxes, keeps telling me the photo is too big, yet I've reduced it's size, maybe one more try.

colin433, Oct 13, 5:02pm
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/658925081.jpg
FINALLY
these are some of the planter boxes that we built. From the left, are bubblegum peunias, bacopa, violet vouquet petunias, then in the last one, to the right, are the remains of what was in there, minus the forget-me-nots that I pulled out, so there are polyanthus just holding on, a couple of ornamental kale, and the osteospermum that I planted yesterday.
It just goes to show if you only have a slab of concrete, and a narrow bit of soil under a window, you don't need to be disheartened. This is the third year we've gardened in these raised bed. (there are no bottoms in them, so good drainage when we have a downpour)

sally63, Oct 13, 6:01pm
Very cool and abundant looking!

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 13, 6:14pm
Such fun, the detailing is really lovely.

Mine are looking very tatty just now, it's 'collect the seed' time here, but I do enjoy my potted garden - as you do too obviously!

annies3, Oct 13, 7:27pm
Looks very nice well done.

samanya, Oct 14, 1:15pm
That looks great, love your colour choices for the small pots.
I made a planter from a pallet, (black pallet & coloured pots) but because I keep forgetting to water it, I have now put grey succulents in them & rain keeps them going.

colin433, Oct 14, 7:17pm
watering would be a problem for us too, but as we are retired, and don't go away, we should be able to remember to water the plants, as long as they survive the initial transplant.
we love the pots, $4 for 3 at the warehouse. just the right size, really.

opunakeite, Oct 16, 9:35pm
Hi
How did you seal the fixings through your weatherboards for the brackets.
May be a problem with all the watering if moisture gets through
cheers

colin433, Mar 5, 11:03am
we talked about sealing the holes, my lord and master decided we didn't need to, so we'll have to take the consequences