Plant Identification

mjhdeal, Jun 13, 7:50am

sherbet05, Jun 13, 12:30pm
Second one with orange berries looks like a coprosma lucida to me, or some kind of cross involving one at least.

maclad, Jun 13, 3:23pm
Agree with Coprosma. The other has a good likeness to Clianthus, kakabeak but is carrying a healthy crop of leaves which can be unusual. The photo is not particularly good, and if colour is true then it maybe diseased. Would like to see a more close up pic.

mjhdeal, Jun 13, 4:31pm
Thank-you both for your answers! The first tree - It is indeed very leafy, and the colour looks true to life - a bit grey/silver. I will get a better photo of the first tree this weekend. Thanks again :)

funkydunky, Jun 14, 7:55am
That first one looks like a Jacaranda to me

ricp, Jun 14, 1:26pm
The first one is Clianthus (kaka beak) but it's had a bad attack of thrips or mites which is why the leaves are silvery.
The second one I reckon is Coprosma robusta as it has a bit more matt coloured and elongated leaf than lucida or repens.

dannydonut, Jun 14, 7:31pm
I wonder if the first photo is a schinus molle? Is it a tree (with a trunk!) or a shrub?

mjhdeal, Jun 15, 12:11pm
Hi! Yes, it is a tree, quite a big one too. I will get better photos this weekend! Thanks

ricp, Jun 15, 12:45pm
Schinus has alternate foliage, this has opposing petioles.

dannydonut, Oct 31, 2:08am
Hi ricp, I see your point, but when I looked at google images, some seem alternate, and some are opposing. So now I'm confused! Maybe a photo of the trunk would be helpful?