What to buy for new Microwave please

g14us, Jan 28, 11:26am
Last night our about 30 year old microwave decided it no longer wanted to work. Don't use it all that much but do think I want to replace it. Only need basic settings 'cos only ever just set time, leave at max power level and set it to go. Prefer to replace it with a stainless steel model but what make?

harrislucinda, Jan 28, 11:33am
mine is Beaumatic but only under 1000 watts as was in our camper van like steel would have like more watts
it grills as well
samsung is good

rednicnz, Jan 28, 12:18pm
We have a Sanyo which is still working well. Another consideration is the physical size. After we did up our kitchen a number of years back, I took one look at the microwave and had to go buy a smaller one. It looked huge and took up so much space!

eta Also make sure it has a numeric keypad. The ones with 10s and 1s are tedious when you just want 5 seconds!

g14us, Jan 28, 12:38pm
That is worth knowing because yes lots of things we use it for need less than even one minute - heating bread rolls and cups of coffee that have either been forgotten about or poured from a jug that hadn't been turned on - and I doubt I would have looked for that

budgel, Jan 5, 11:05am
Make sure the new one has a light coloured interior. Dark ones suck!