Sticky fast growing weed in Kaiapoi

karrenna, Oct 28, 6:49am
I have that fast growing sticky weed stuff trying to tack over the garden.
I don`t know anything about gardens or weeds so any ideas on how to sort this obnoxious thing out!
Help, Help, Help, need sorted for a relaxing xmas.

maclad, Oct 28, 6:59am
Sounds as if it maybe Cleavers, a weed appearing somewhat sticky with biddy bid like seeds. It wanders up and through plants. It is very easy to pull out but needs attention before it seeds.Or you could spray with roundup if in a suitable area to be sprayed.

karrenna, Oct 28, 7:02am
sounds like the right stuff. have yanked it out in the past and round-up`d it but it just loves coming back.

arabelle, Oct 28, 7:06am
yup keep at it, just needs one biddy to grow another plant. Ive attacked it big time this year with R.Up and pulling, it does terrible things to the long haired cats. and burn or put it into the garbage bag, not into the compost

kp11, Oct 28, 7:12am
OMG arabelle, does it ever!Miss long haired 'helped' me all weekend pulling that & other stuff out of our jungle, now ive gotta spend the rest of the night getting it out of her!grrrrrhhh

eagles9999, Oct 28, 8:21pm
LOL +1

matthews4, Oct 29, 3:51am
It grows seemingly overnight - find it up other plants, and everywhere.I feed it to our stock, at this time of year, they love it.Would also compost, just now, as seeds not ripe - but not when they are, as will just spread.Easy to pull out, tho.Must go down the drive with my 3 pronged tool tomorrow, and pull some off, as can't bend down at present, as have had Cataract surgery.

pecker, Jun 6, 3:55am
I have got an allergy from pulling this out. any known cure for skin disruption?