New World Little Garden

strathview, Jan 25, 7:37pm
I harvested my first corn cobs tonight. Yummy.
Tomatoes doing well just waiting for them to ripen.
Thyme growing well too
Kale grew really well
Pansy died through lack of water, whoops forgot to water it.
Lettuce - grew well yum
Oregano - somehow that died possible lack of water.
Coriander - found I hate the stuff so ripped it out.
Red onion - grew well used it in homemade burgers yum
Bok Choy - grew like crazy and then ran up to seed while I was on holiday.
Sweet pea - grew really well and smells lovely. Got all purple colour and the stalks are rather short so wondering if it the dwarf version.
Yellow Bean - Grew but not well. Did get some pods which I left on the the plant to get seed.
Purple tansy - grew like a weed
Beetroot - Grew well yum.
Silverbeet - grew well and then the chickens found it and I was left with stalks. Did get a couple of feeds off it before the chickens.
Fails - Butternut pumpkin still growing but maybe not enough water and not many flowers.
cucumbers still growing and pouring the water on in the hope that we get some cucumbers but they are suffering in the heat.

tourer100, Jan 25, 9:09pm
Have a look at nz veg gardeners on fb, so many people on it, all with advice help and pictures

kiwimade64, Jan 26, 8:17am
oh well done! I did wonder how well they would do!

strathview, Jan 26, 8:54am
I did grow some last year and some grew well and others failed. Think I did fairly well this year considering we are in a drought situation here so water use is restricted. When the tank runs dry that is it until another tanker load arrives.
Certainly helped reduce my seed buying costs.

harrislucinda, Jan 26, 9:33am
yes every thing i got are growing well first time water melons

rainrain1, Jan 6, 2:45pm
I have 1 pansy, 1 tomato plant, 1 beetroot, 3 red onions, and a tansy plant all growing well