Pool decking. Looking for suggestion of best

2girls3, Nov 30, 4:36pm
timber to use. Thinking possibly garapa. Wanting something that will grey off over time and not leach into pool. I see there are also composite decking materials available. Any suggestions or experience with this would be appreciated. Thanks

sooby, Nov 30, 8:18pm
I'm a draughtsman and recommend composite decking over timber, having dealt with splinters, warps and maintenance I'm not a fan of any timber decking.

Good luck with your choice and post photos here of the end result.

2girls3, Nov 30, 10:18pm
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

lythande1, Dec 1, 8:05am
We had a pool, then got a deck built round it. just pine. Stained it. it stayed there for years, we sold, the new owners took the pool out. not long ago the house went up for auction so we went. the deck was still there and it was actually one of the best parts of the property still, still like new.
All up about 17 years. I know after 25 they do crap out.

jan2242, Dec 1, 9:34am
My decking is kwila (no idea how to spell it), and has been since 1990, so 27 years. Still got lots of life in it. The only time we got splinters was when it was water blasted. I don't recommend that now.

amasser, Dec 1, 12:51pm
Mahogany, grown in plantations in Fiji, looks nice and smooth.

calz14, Feb 3, 11:42am
Pine, kwila, garapa,Tonka or the like.
NOT composite decking, am laying one at the moment $14 per meter to buy and it expands or contracts 3 to 4mm per meter, Not per length. Looks good when layed then an hour later it's all crap.gaps close up then shrink in the morning.