Daphne plant help

susievb, Nov 15, 10:54am
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/676469154.jpg
l have this daphne bush which is looking half dead and half alive. Can l cut back all the dead looking bits?

veejay13, Nov 15, 12:53pm
I believe Daphne bushes have a limited life-span. How old is yours? - looks fairly old and might just have reached the end of its life.

kateley, Nov 15, 1:21pm
I would cut off all the dead bits, gently scrape the top layer of soil off and replace with new compost with a handful of Azalea/Rhodo fertiliser in it, and water well with some kind of liquid fertiliser.

crazynana, Nov 15, 3:17pm
I would cut all the dead stuff off and hope for the best. Our lemon tree looked half dead after we had snow so I cut off all the dead bits and thought it will either die or revive. Two years later we have about 140-200 lemons on it. Daphne does have a life span though and it could be that if you trim it that it will die but I would do that before replacing it. I bought two new ones this years, planted them two feet apart. One is growing like mad the other looks very very sad.

maclad, Feb 13, 5:11pm
Personally I would not waste time nor effort, I would just replace it with a good healthy plant. That plant does not appear to be planted in a great spot. They like fertile, moist soil and some shade, that appears to be in full sun and the soil looks dry and infertile. They do have a limited lifespan.