Painters.a question

j96, Oct 31, 9:41pm
I think i've screwed up. I have stripped back the sash windows in our villa and re painted them, undercoat and top coat and i dunno what i was thinking but i've done both sides in water based enamel. Has anyone used it outside before? Must have had a total brain fart and just didnt think. Please tell me i don't have to re do the outside in exterior paint

geoff_m, Oct 31, 9:45pm
Used them on my wooden windows 5 years ago. It has lasted longer than the oil based enamel on the sunny side. Resene black white in both cases

j96, Oct 31, 9:50pm
oh phew, i was really hoping it would be ok but it didnt say interior/exterior. They look really good though :-)

lythande1, Nov 1, 8:21am
Pretty much all paint is water based these days.
But you shouldn't strip back. Just clean of any flaking bits.

neville48, Nov 1, 7:52pm
If you have painted into the inner surface you risk both surfaces sticking together when paint is new so put talcum powder on the meeting surfaces before closing the window to avoid sticking.

j96, Feb 22, 7:16pm
Thanks, the windows have been out for a few months, we arent living in it yet. Good tip re the talcum powder, thanks :-).I had to strip them, house had been neglected for 30 years, they were pretty rough lol