Wilting potten plant – help please!

denisekitcher, Oct 18, 9:55am
I have a potted plant at work and the leaves seems to be wilting the past few days

I watered the plant once every 3 days, but not too much. I water them only when I feel that the soil is dry.

What can I do to get it back up again?

Photo here: https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/661369673.jpg

Many Thanks, Denise

veejay13, Oct 18, 10:02am
I would guess overwatering, and being in a warm/hot situation. The browning on the edges of the leaves could be from lots of water being sucked into the leaves, then the sun drying the water up. You might have noticed (prior to the browning occurring) droplets of water on the ends of the leaves. If so I'd just about guarantee that's the problem.

harm_less, Oct 18, 10:05am
Looks like the result of dry atmosphere due to air conditioning. Try putting the pot on a tray of wet pebbles, but above the water level in the pebbles to avoid water-logging. This will give the plant its own little humidity zone.

docsportello, Oct 18, 10:49am
Is that near a window? Could be that. that and the excessive watering. There's big puddle in the tray - repot, or slow down.

annies3, Oct 18, 11:21am
The leaves look like they are being burnt by the high temp through glass. maybe it needs some shade.

maclad, Mar 4, 10:57am
That looks very much like overwatering, I have potted plants outside in the sun and they certainly do not need watering every 3 days, not even a little. They are lucky to be watered once a month at present. Plants should only be watered when they are dry, not by rota. Then they should be given a through soaking, eg in a tub or bucket for 1 or 2 hours, drained and replaced. I have posted on here about this a lot but people still seem to water regardless of if the plant needs it or not. Different plants have different needs, learn your plants needs and depending on situation, different needs again. I usually water when I can lift the pot and it is very light. This tells you it is dry. More pot plants are killed by over watering than underwatering. If a plant is dry it wilts and you will probably notice that it needs water. If a plant is over watered it will also wilt as the roots have been rotted off and the plant cannot take up food/water. So as overwatered plants also wilt they then get more water compounding the problem. Please lay off the water and only do it when the plant requires it. Learn what your plants need you may be surprised as to how little water they actually require. The plant in your pic requires less water than many others.