Tapware and hard water

rose-murray, Jan 26, 1:13pm
Are there any recommendations for chrome tapware (brands), that are more resilient to hard water ? We replaced all our tapware about 5 years ago when doing renovations. Most of them now are pitted and covered in limescale that I can't remove. Now our kitchen tap (Methven single lever) is getting very stiff and if I have to replace it I don't know what to buy. We aren't rich folks but I thought Methven were a good brand and would last a bit longer than 5 years. We are rural and have well water.

lilyfield, Jan 26, 1:51pm

rose-murray, Jan 26, 3:02pm
We already have a whole house filter system, but it doesn't have a softener feature. Can't afford to replace that.

zirconium, Jan 26, 3:12pm
You can replace the innards (cartridge) of the single-lever kitchen tap fairly cheaply if you are ok at diy. :) - We have to do ours every 3 or 4 years for the kitchen, although the exact same tap in the laundry is much more long-lived in due to much lighter usage. Our kitchen tap becomes very water-hammer inducing after a while, which is when we change it. We are on rain water, so very soft water, but still has issues.

rose-murray, Jan 6, 3:04pm
Thanks for that. Hubby is going to take it apart and see whats going on in there. If it's totalled we will have to replace it but I will ask a plumber if there is a better type for hard water.