Fireplace replacement

andrew1954, Sep 30, 4:01pm
You may want to check with the local city council as to what types they will allow to be installed ! Here the local council has ruled that existing fire unit can remain in use but if you sell the house the new owner must "upgrade" to an approved type. but they have a scheme where they will finance all or part of the new unit and you get to pay it off on the rates. do not know the detail, just glimised an ad recently about it.

tegretol, Oct 2, 12:07am
Out of interest, is the fan part of the fire unit itself or has it been added as part of the install? I'm curious as the space above (ie outside the firebox) my Masport is running at about 120C according to my temp probe and am thinking of sticking a fan of some sort in the brick face to grab that hot air.

tim41, Oct 2, 8:58pm
yunca

siobhan41, Oct 7, 8:40pm
Now thinking the Pyroclassic

kam04, Oct 8, 10:57am
This.
We have one. Heats the whole house (340 sq mtr)

siobhan41, Sep 20, 9:52am
We need to replace our fireplace any recommendations for a freestanding fire?.
Looking at The Woodsman Tasman currently but open to other options.

mothergoose4, Sep 20, 4:24pm
We installed a Woodsman fire 2 years ago. Sorry I can't remember if it was the Tasman or Tarras, but whichever model is down from the biggest.
We love it. I hate being cold, and this fire pumps out the heat. We also have a small fan sitting on top of the fire, which also helps to disperse the warm air around better. Very happy with our purchase, and will be using the same brand in our new house

supernova2, Sep 20, 5:43pm
We have just put in a Tarras. As other have said - insane heat. So if you have only an average sized room you could probably just use a Tasman.

siobhan41, Sep 20, 5:57pm
Great only a small 100sqm house but very open plan with heat transfer.
Off topic they want to charge $100 to take the 30 year old kent away, any scrap value in that or would the $100 be tip fees?.

maclad, Sep 20, 6:05pm
I am sure that you could take it to recyclers yourself. Probably not much cash in it for you but no cost either. Just a money maker I think.

siobhan41, Mar 11, 3:18pm
Perfect if they take it at no cost it's a cube of wood.