Water pods in cages

kiwibrit2, Jan 26, 8:40am
Does anyone know where to get, used, water pods 1000litres in a steel cage anywhere in Southland, please?

kateley, Jan 26, 9:06am
I got mine from trade me, lol

kiwibrit2, Jan 26, 9:57am
As we did in Napier, but hoping to find a place in Southland. Found it difficult to find the site which had that sort of thing for sale. Everything I put in the search bar came up with 'no results' !

kateley, Jan 26, 11:45am
I think they are called IBC tanks, might help your searching

kiwibrit2, Jan 26, 5:29pm
Thank you, I will tell my daughter, she is at Manapouri, not too far.

andrew1954, Jan 27, 10:06am
You refer to them as “water pods”. just be aware that a used IBC pod will most likely not started out life filled with water, more like a “nastier” solution, so may not be compatible for later use for water. especially drinking water for humans or animals !

wembley1, Jan 27, 10:52am
True, but looking through the TM listings for these, most people are qualifying whether they are suitable for potable water or not.

macandrosie, Jan 27, 1:45pm
I think they can come with food oil in them but would pay to find out what they've been used for. Lots of people use them to collect colostrum in the spring, I just refer to them as a thousand litre cube

kiwibrit2, Jan 28, 11:18am
Yes, thank you, ours came from a sheep tanning factory and we knew about the water not for drinking etc but another was from a food factory, as you say, must ask.

kandjaja, Jan 4, 3:52pm
Another term for them is 'tote'.