Black Boy Peach seeds

ambo11, Mar 4, 3:18pm
Have a very young Black Boy Peach tree which gave us hundreds of beautiful juicy peaches this season, would love to grow some from the seeds.
Should I break the stone to get the seed, and put in the fridge for a while out of light? When would be the best time to put them in pots in the hope they will sprout?
Cheers

kateley, Mar 4, 3:44pm
Just pop them straight in a pot, now. I often have seedlings coming up under the tree if I haven't picked all the fruit so I don't think you even have to take the flesh off!
I would recommend you plant the pip from the biggest juiciest peach you have, more chance of getting a similar one

harrislucinda, Mar 4, 5:19pm
just pop into the ground they grow easy

ambo11, Mar 4, 5:38pm
Cheers guys, sounds good!

schnauzer11, Mar 4, 5:53pm
As advised above, ambo! I sold/bought a house almost 3 years ago. My partner took a self-sown seedling,less than knee-high, from under our Blackboy peach when we moved. I was out with a bucket less than an hour ago reaping the rewards! The tree is now about 12-feet tall and has several buckets-worth of peaches on it. Best of luck!

may321, Mar 10, 2:11pm
do you take the seed out of the casing to plant. or plant the lot

articferrit, Mar 10, 2:23pm
plant the whole thing, you could even plant the whole peach. Id do 2 or 3 just in case 1 doesnt grow.

summersunnz, Dec 10, 12:43pm
They grow from cuttings too, taken in winter - I'm growing them from Trademe in winter, second year of fruiting.