Growing pumpkins

mattlux, May 8, 10:40am
how many weeks months to grow from seeds? I moved in a nice modern flat with my mate and we are planning on a small vege garden I spent many hours weeding etc and any garden tips would be good to know.

twain1, May 8, 7:28pm
Its not the tike of the year to grow now sorry, its a summer crop and needs to grow the whole of summer
See if you can find a calander on what veg to grow when

cantabman1, May 8, 7:54pm
Forget about the weeding so much, just grow them in a rich worm filled compost pile, well watered and in FULL SUN. Start the seeds off in a small container and plant them out after the last frost in late spring

pisces47, May 8, 8:32pm
No need to weed the whole area. I have a 1 meter by 1/2 meter garden in a pebble garden. The pumpkin vine spreads out over this. In the normal garden it used to go in the corner then grow over the lawn but this got a bit untidy. Silly to have the vine cover good growing soil etc

harrislucinda, May 9, 4:04am
if soil is good put winter veg in now cabbage \\cauli lettuce

mattlux, May 9, 7:58pm
cool guys thanks for that . I was shocked to see so many snails in the garden.

summersunnz, Jan 12, 3:17pm
Pumpkins grow well up a trellis or some netting or similar, so they don't take up space in your garden - I use a full size length of the reinforcing steel that goes into concrete flooring, put a few nails along near the top of the 1.8m fence, hook the the top of the steel onto the nails, and the pumpkins grow up that. Easy to clear the vine off at the end of the season - and to move to another space for growing next season. Cucumbers and beans grow well on them too.