What plant?

mrsscubasteve, Dec 9, 8:48am
I have an extremely aggressive vine in the garden, its wound its way up the fence. around/up flaxes etc etc - I've only noticed its growth in the last 2 weeks.

We rent so extremely frustrating to be in the garden 247 as busy professionals. the landlord wanted the back garden full so planted flaxes and those hideous flower bushes but I don't think they quite wanted all this vine. I looks similar to a moonflower!

It looks nice grown over the old fencing's but how easy is it to get rid of in the rest of the garden. its really taking over.

mokaumoi, Dec 9, 8:48am
Photos would help!

possibly convolvulus- Bindweed. Google it for images. Bugger of a thing to get rid of. Do not let it take hold!

mrsscubasteve, Dec 9, 8:55am
Oh feck. yep it does look like that.

Seriously we mowed the lawns last week and there was no sign of it. I looked out the window today and its EVERYWHERE. the garden out the back is like a jungle but its gone through it in a matter of days. How do I get rid of it!

I am working 247 this week and away this weekend so will have to wait until the weekend of the 22nd but I want this stuff gone.

mrsscubasteve, Dec 9, 8:58am
Actually it appears to have only shown its head after they put in a new sewage system and the soil was overturned.

lozzaqtn, Dec 9, 9:02am
You are not working 24/7

crlady, Dec 9, 9:05am
A product called Banvine will kill it. round up wont it will retard it but not kill it. and it keeps coming back year after year. you have to keep on top of it.

You can get Banvine form the farm supply stores.

mrsscubasteve, Dec 9, 9:07am
Thanks! From the looks of things the buggers have gone under the deck since they dug up soil. i cant believe how quick it grows. There was nothing there a week ago I am sure.

mrsscubasteve, Dec 9, 9:08am
Indeed I am, and the spare time in the evening I am sure the neighbours wont want me in the garden at 11pm with floodlights weeding and spraying.

lythande1, Dec 10, 7:17am
convolvulus is easy to remove. Pull it all out, then spray the bits left sticking out of the ground.