Would you buy a bagged or bagless vacuum cleaner?

aeromo, Dec 7, 5:08am
And why! I am confused. Had a bagged electrolux for a very long time and the time has come to get a new one. Only other kind I have had is the bag that you empty.

lilyfield, Dec 7, 5:17am
Bag less, no question, I do not have money to throw away.

biggles45, Dec 7, 5:26am
Bagless for the same reason as lilyfield. Have 2 large, long haired white dogs and vacuum twice a day, have to empty it once a day.

aeromo, Dec 7, 5:40am
Yes, I guess a new vac will suck up more dust. I have several pets but bag last about four vacuums of whole house at the moment.

rsr72, Dec 7, 5:53am
Bagged are cleaner to use.
Also the paper bags are not expensive.

aeromo, Dec 7, 5:56am
What is your reason for preferring bagged rsr72!
I like the no mess part of it all.

neich, Dec 7, 6:00am
I am more than happy with my DYSON upright, no bags to empty, just take the cylinder off, and empty. no bags to buy, wonderful! found the upright wasbetter than the other model. its the second one I have had. great. maybe the Rolls Royce of cleaners, but worth it.

sb6, Dec 7, 7:14am
Bagged. some of the bagless need filters cleaned after a couple of uses. Much easier to just change a bag.

cantabman1, Dec 7, 7:22am
The bagless models tend to be very efficient to start with, but are usually made of cheaper materials which WILL break in time.
If you want a lasting vacc, i recommend a bag cleaner. We have had a nilfisk for over 18years, and only recently we replaced the motor for $385 and expect it to go for another 12-15 years.There other good European models on the market too.[Ex Appliance retailer]

aeromo, Dec 7, 7:49am
Interesting! And probably why my electrolux has gone so long due to having a bag.

lythande1, Dec 7, 6:04pm
Bagless.
Having said that I bought a Miele Cat and Dog. Brilliant cleaner.
It has bags.
But i re-use them more than once.

sstraight, Dec 7, 8:28pm
I have gone back to bags. Had a bagless vaccum cleaner previously and hated it. I would have to clean the filter everytime I used it. No have a Meile cat and dog and love it.

aeromo, Dec 8, 1:16am
Have read the Miele cat and dog is good. Thinking of getting that one. Have four cats with differing fur varieties and a dog.

soph001, Dec 8, 4:29am
I wish I had bought a bag one. Our bag-less one needs it's filter cleaning out soooooooo often, I hate it.

mansonprincess, Dec 8, 4:32am
bagged all the way

aeromo, Dec 8, 5:08am
I am glad I started the thread. Thank you for posting.

carter19, Dec 8, 6:52am
Mum had a Dyson bagless and the filters were really expensive and had to be replaced alot. Vaccuum lasted about 8 years.My Nilfisk has lasted 14 years - replace filter with the one included in every packet of 5 bags. It's still going strong even with mountains of fur. I do wish dog fur pillows were popular!

kamitchell, Dec 8, 7:29am
Got a Dyson, Wash filter about 2-3 months, never very dirty. Some bagless ones do have disposable filters and the way they are designed doesn't remove the dust effectivelybefore hand so can be expensive on filters.And yes can bedusty emptying out and container needs a wash now and then. Personally like the Dyson here. As a bagless.suction is always good.
Some bagless can be cheap crap though.

virea, Dec 8, 12:07pm
meile cat and dog is what I recommend. Love mine.