A simple decorating question

huca1, Nov 18, 11:53pm
Sorry this is so simple I want to put a couple of things on the walls, small picture not heavy! and a mobile from the ceiling.
What is the best thing to use?

(please keep it simple it is such a long time since i did any of this, I can remember using a plug type thing and then putting a screw into it but can't remember why we needed that and not just a nail, also can't really see how to dangle something from the ceiling. I know it is a dumb question but I would be grateful to anyone who can spare the time to type out the answer!)

biddy6, Nov 19, 1:10am
Have a look at the Command range of stick-on hooks, they have one for most jobs.

texastwo, Nov 19, 1:59am
If its going into a Gib wall you need the "plug type thingy"

maclad, Nov 19, 4:07am
Those self tapping anchors are great, easy to use and take some weight.

trade_menow, Nov 19, 6:21am
the " plug in thing " aka anchor is so when you place something on it - it wont then fall out of the wall ( assuming your not nailing into a stud )
as for dangle something from the ceiling - is it possible to screw in some small hooks and use some fishing nylon ? ( depending on weight of course )

macandrosie, Jul 27, 9:13am
Find a beam in the ceiling drive a small nail in, then remove then screw in a large cup hook. For the wall could you use a tiny nail? Good & solid preferably into a beam or dwang.