Aluminium plant.

thistle4, Jan 12, 6:25am
How do I get rid of this damned plant? It is coming from a neighbours garden and no matter how much I pull out I just can't stop its relentless intrusion, right along the boundary.

thistle4, Jan 12, 8:49pm
Bumping gently

trad, Jan 12, 9:10pm
Put a solid cladding such as corrugated iron on your side of the fence.

tigra, Jan 12, 9:43pm
I actually think this is a great ground cover plant. unfortunately my better half doesn't agree.

thistle4, Jan 12, 10:41pm
Obviously my neighbour thinks so too.If it was kept in check it wouldn't be so bad but this stuff is running wild and has encroached on to our section big time. It's also a DOC nono and shouldn't be planted.

trade4us2, Jan 13, 8:06pm
What kind of fence do you have? Fill in the bottom of the fence with something, like solid H4 timber or corrugated iron or a low concrete wall. I stopped my neighbour's weeds and rubbish falling down the hill with some old corrugated iron:
http://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/354721309.jpg

venna2, Jan 14, 3:50am
I find aluminium plant very useful as my section is too big for me to easily care for, and there's a bank which would otherwise be full of weeds if it wasn't for this plant. I find it's fairly easy to keep in check. Your neighbours are very likely not aware that it's causing a nuisance to you. If you approach them in a friendly way, maybe they would do more to keep it in check.

bill1451, Jan 14, 6:20am
What is aluminium plant ?

bill1451, Jan 14, 6:24am
Yea ok just googled it, can see why it is named so.

thistle4, Jan 15, 8:25pm
We have a large section too and we like to keep it looking nice.We have planted it with a great many plants and spent hours and money on landscaping etc. This plant is just so persistant. We are on very good terms with our neighbour and have mentioned the fact that her plants are becoming a nuisance but she just smiles and apologises.

emmerson1, Jun 10, 6:56am
We got rid of one here in Dunedin years ago by just keeping ranting on and on at it. Eventually it just went away.

Sorry, that was 'smelter' not 'plant'.