70s aluminium joinery repair

g10, Oct 3, 1:03am
Hi - can anyone recommend someone in auckland who repairs aluminium joinery (rollers for doors, stays, latches etc.)?
thanks
P.S. any idea what you'd expect the hourly rate for labour to be for this sort of work?

cleoplatra, Oct 3, 3:14am
Hi there is a franchise called Exceed window and door repairs and they repair all windows etc.
But check the call out cost etc first, if your roller doors are that old they may not have them, perhaps it may resort to getting new ones made as the roller system is slightly better, and your track etc. is probably worn as well, only leading to your new wheels wearing out quicker.

nzjay, Oct 3, 3:32am
Many hardware outlets like Bunnings and Mitre 10 carry spare track wheels etc for older sliding doors. Depends how long the worn wheels have been left as they will damage the track in time. Open the door slightly and it should just lift up and out to check everything.

nukhelenc, Oct 3, 4:34am
I would say Exceed would be the most expensive place to ring. look under window repairs in ya yellow pages

g10, Oct 3, 8:45am
Cheers :)

nukhelenc, Oct 4, 12:50am
You could ring this place in East Tamaki and ask if they know who does around your area, they should know. (09) 273 3352

soxxy, Sep 11, 3:05am
I had Exceed fix my ranchslider - turned it upside down so that the opening was opposite to what it used to be and needed the rollers fixed. All for $200 - really worth it.