SPRAY FOR BLACKBERRY

birdland12, Dec 29, 4:36am
What is the best spray to use, for blackberry, that is trying to take the whole garden over? I need to kill it as soon as, it seems to be just spreading everywhere.

sanders4, Dec 29, 7:10am
Talk to RD1 or your nearest farm supply shop for best product.

mack77, Dec 29, 10:15am
MSF600 (metsulfuron methyl) for sure. This is the name of the chemical herbicide. I buy it from a herbicide manufacturer/seller in Rotorua. It is also sold under various trade names by other herbicide manufacturers. I don't know of anybody using any other type of chemical in NZ, since this is the cheapest by far. It's best to spray after the plants have flowered although I have found it to be effective in my location at other times of the plants life cycle.

ang_ck, Dec 29, 6:30pm
I concur with mack77 recommendation. I used them to kill blackberries. I got mine from Agpro. Google their website and you need to get Meturon. It comes granule form. All you need is about 5g per 10L spray.

Here is the link
http://www.agpro.co.nz/turf/non-selective-herbicide/98-meturon

I dissolved the granule in warm water and pour it into a 5L spray container. I also added roundup into the 5L spray container as well to make sure I kill the blackberries. So far, no blackberries for 5 years now.

birdland12, Dec 29, 9:09pm
Thanks all for your advice. I will get on to it, and get rid of this horrible prickly stuff.

kenw1, Jun 26, 12:59pm
Rainbow and brown are the people.