Worm farm has a lot less worms, do Tiger

edenrose, Jun 19, 5:56am
slugs eat them? They seem to get in some how and I understood they eat ordinary slugs. Just wondering! Have to buy more worms I think. Do I get them from Bunnings? TIA.

ro42, Jun 19, 6:41am
Tiger slugs definitely eat dead worms - I've seen them do it! I don't know about live ones. I'd try and get rid of them if you can

mommabean, Jun 19, 8:15am
Yes buntings have them

edenrose, Jun 19, 8:35am
I do, I fish them out and throw them in the overgrown section next door, for the birds.

aloha3, Jun 19, 9:02am
make sure your worms have plenty to eat and that they are not too wet.

brighteyes16, Jun 19, 11:14am
There is a flat worm that preys on tiger worms, a horrible looking thing, that can be found under things, alongside slugs. Also I believe tiger worms don't like it to cold and they need to have air. I managed to suffocate mine through neglecting this.

meoldchina, Jun 19, 8:14pm
In Nelson, the council website lists where you can buy worms and they give you a $15 discount voucher. Check with your council. Also, I tipped a bag of well-rotted horse manure into my compost bin this week and I swear it was 25% worms. There were thousands of them!

brighteyes16, Dec 11, 4:53pm
Yes, I've found that if you have manure there is no need to buy worms. The tiger worms (manure worms) will find you.