Worm Farms

carter441, Apr 23, 4:27am
http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Children%27s-Worm-Farm!SKU=1574154

Has anyone used one of these!If so, what goes in it please!i.eI gather you have to "introduce" some worms!Forgive me, I wouldn't have a clue!

mottly, Apr 23, 4:30am
google how to 'layer' your worm farm - your best to get hold of tiger worms if you can, rather than garden worms :)We all had to start somewhere.I'm pretty new to it too, in fact, just last week I put my first 'story' into the compost - I use my worm farm to get rid of all the dog poo.it works fantastic!

carter441, Apr 23, 4:38am
I have just bought a juicer and I thought that might be a good way to get rid of the pulp!Where exactly do you "get hold of" tiger worms!Giggles!

mottly, Apr 23, 4:43am
Think you can buy them at mitre 10! and on trade me. I pinched mine from my cousins, he used to have worm farms, and they all got loose - so I just dig 'em up.In fact, many places do have them out n about - leave a piece of wood or plastic outside over night, pick it up and have a look in the morning, they're just a skinny worm, quite red with lots of stripes across them :) hehe

carter441, Apr 23, 4:45am
Oh right - I know which ones you mean.Thanks.

wendalls, Apr 23, 10:34am
But don't put your citrus pulp or onions in it apparently or wormed dog poo. Dont over feed them (not so bad.)or starve them or drown them in worm wee or rain. Don't fry them in the sun. Give them moist paper to live under.

pollockette06, Apr 24, 1:05am
hahaha for a moment i thought you were going to juice the worms :-)

pollockette06, May 13, 3:49pm
Ive seen those little ones, but personally, i would go for the bigger $45.00 version they have.I brought one of the bigger black ones and its great, but i think with the green one once the old tiger worms start mulitiplying you will run out of room quite quickly.

And yes you do have to get your worms seperately :-)