Worm farm help please

bobshane20, Jan 22, 1:51am
I bought a worm farm about a month ago that had two full layers. I have now filled the top layer and want to put the bottom layer on the garden but it is still full of worms. there are hundreds of worms in the bottom two layers including heaps of baby ones so how do I get them to travel up to the top layer!any suggestions of what to put in to tempt them to the top
thanks

johnwood, Jan 22, 2:10am
We do it with our hands.

ro42, Jan 22, 2:12am
Take the bottom layer (with the worms) and put it on top of the top layer, and leave the cover off. The worms will burrow down to get away from the light. Leave it a few hours, then rake through the castings gently to see if the worms have all gone down.
To get the worms to go to the top layer, make sure that there is stuff right up to the mesh so that they can reach, also make sure the top layer isn't too hot or dry by keeping it covered with wet cardboard or something similar.

bobshane20, Feb 6, 3:02am
Thanks ro42, that worked a treat!left it for a hour then when I lifted it to have a look there they all were hanging through the holes like spagetti.I then poped on a glovejohnwood and and got the last few stragglers out by hand and lovely worm compost is now dug into my garden with new seedlings on top!Thanks!; )