Shower door adjustable wheels

cleverdicky, Feb 21, 11:29pm
Anybody know where to get another adjustable wheel with bolt and nut that fits on the bottom of a curved shower door. Got the shower cubicle off trademe but don't know who the agents are, could be Asian made

gary231, Feb 22, 8:25am
Had all my shower doors (appear to be same as ones you describe) and tried to free up the bottom wheels but very little luck. Not to worry that they don't go round as they are only used as a guide as they are on the bottom of the door. My only concern long term is if they rust out and I cannot get a replacement ones.

coop19, Feb 22, 11:42pm
Check out Bunnings. I found the ones I wanted for my hanging sliding shower door, which is just a reverse item of what you are looking for, but they had quite a range and variety of all that sort of thing there.

sanders4, Feb 23, 7:19am
No to Bunnings as tried 2 weeks ago. Follow auctions on trademe to locate chinese showers and then ask seller if parts available.

hazelthecat, Feb 25, 2:54am
Had to replace two of mine. Try Zip Plumbing. Expensive though - $19 each.

pengy2, Feb 25, 5:47am
I contacted the manufacturer of mine and they sent me several free of charge which I appreciated-and due to their great customer service I would buy their products again. Saying that, it seems the wheel fittings do wear easily with family use. Even though we spray ours with silicone spray as advised, ours still wear out and need replacing. The lower ones have push in clips, the upper do not have the clips. It seems you have to replace the whole fitting, not just the wheel part. Tried that and wee ball bearings went everywhere! I expect these fittings are fairly generic as they attach with the hole in the glass? , if you don't know the manufacturer, ask at a bathroom place.

hawkeye30, Feb 28, 2:15am
If you are lucky take them into a plumbing shop and ask if they have any. When i worked at mitre10 we used to have people come in often. Sometimes we could identify the wheels sometimes not but at least you may get an idea of the manufacturer.

pollywoppy, Mar 8, 8:20am
I too bought a curved shower from trade me & couldn't get the wheels anywhere here, after going mad with the doors I fell onto the site Aliexpress, mostly Asian products and found replacements, cost me $30 to replace the lot. Measure your wheel & also the distance from the edge of the glass to the centre of the screw hole in the glass and im sure you will find what you need there. Just a note, my original wheels were fixed and I replaced them with swivel, Much better!

pollywoppy, Apr 28, 7:22am