Help - Ideas needed -screw holes in wallpaper

midsta, Dec 2, 1:17am
Unfortunately an Electrician put screw holes in our newly wallpapered wall by hanging incorrect light fittings. We now have two holes under each of our lovely looking new lights which I don't know what to do with. Instead of filling and painting the wall or trying to hang more paper does anyone have an idea of something decorative that may look nice about 5cm under each light!

rainrain1, Dec 2, 1:23am
picture, photo, mirror, xmas decorations.

rainrain1, Dec 2, 1:30am

kateley, Dec 2, 1:46am
Do you have any of the paper left over!You could replace that strip - on second thoughts, get the electrician to cover replacement as it was his error

muzzaandmich, Dec 2, 3:46am
Depends on what colour the paper is I had. A number of screw holes in wallsall I did was crayon of similar colour wall paper fill and rub with clean tissueBUT. Try on a area not seen first in case it doesn't work for you all care no responsibility

reggienz, Dec 2, 3:54am
Fill the holes with a bit of polly filler or similar , Smoothe it level and get a piece of matching wll paper and cut a small piece to cover the filler and glue it on, Have done it myself and its un noticable

mokaumoi, Dec 2, 7:12am
Even less noticeable if you tear rather than cut the paper.

jkp58, Dec 2, 8:12am
as above but try to separate top layer of paper of the piece you are putting over the holes most wallpapers consist of 2 layers.Good luck

jezabeel, Dec 2, 8:23am
Typical sparkys

webworth, Dec 2, 11:54am
It's usually even less noticeable if you tear the paper on an angle so that the edge is thinner than the rest.Straight cut lines are more likely to be noticeable, especially if lit from the side.

kaddiew, Dec 2, 6:41pm
That's what my very particular father used to do, and you couldn't even detect the repair.

russ18, Dec 2, 6:47pm
OP didn't actually say it was the sparkys fault.

jezabeel, Dec 2, 6:55pm
Haha never is

russ18, Dec 2, 7:01pm
I'm sure if he was given the wrong light fittings it would be his fault regardless.

purplegoanna, Dec 2, 7:14pm
what about a shiny metal botton so it looks like its a on/off button inserted in the wall!

needy, Dec 2, 10:05pm
Agree, and match the paper and you will be the only one knows it is there.

dbab, Dec 2, 10:22pm
Ha ha, mine too

midsta, Dec 3, 11:33pm
Thanks all, BTW it was sparkies fault. Told new light fittings and hung old

captaingraham, Dec 4, 1:30am
It's never the customer who gives vague verbal instructions.

nzdoug, Dec 3, 6:49am
Bullet hole stickers!