Cleaning the house

paddington5, Aug 27, 10:06am
hire a water blaster and do it that way? quote for a chemical clean was $700 including the deck. keen to hear what your suggestions maybe?

j96, Aug 27, 10:15am
I just use a bucket of hot soapy water and a soft broom

budgel, Aug 27, 9:24pm
It is easy to damage things with a waterblaster if you arent careful.
Never use them on decks!

lemming2, Aug 28, 7:27am
I use the Chemwash people and I've never paid anything like that for a 2-storey house.

golfdiver, Aug 28, 7:34am
Must be a huge house, I'm doing a large commercial building tomorrow for $590

paddington5, Aug 28, 8:11am
the quote was from chemwash. I think they came over when I was not here. it did seem steep

thank you for the advice about not using the water blaster on the deck. I think the bucket and soapy water trick will be the best starting point

thanks all

summersunnz, Aug 28, 1:21pm
+1. and hose it down afterwards.

lythande1, Aug 28, 9:23pm
We wash with broom and Simple Green then waterblast it.
Take a day depending how big the house is. and far far cheaper.
Wash first though, it's better to get all the green, mould and whatever off.

wendalls, Aug 29, 6:09am
Could also put dettol or other cheap disinfectant in your bucket to inhibit mould particularly on the south side. active ingredient benzylkonium chloride. It doesn't damage surfaces like bleach does.

golfdiver, Aug 29, 7:57am
Except you need and absolute shipload of dettol to get up
To the strength you need .

leonie11, Aug 29, 7:47pm
i use an extendable brush that fits on to the hose, and it works well. it has a compartment in it for soap

jmm111, Oct 15, 8:55pm
Last weekend I bought some stuff called 30 seconds House Cleaner. It was great to use, and I was delighted with the result. I think it cost about $35 from Bunnings. You attach it to your hose, turn the nozzle on the bottle to "clean" and spray. Wait 10 mins then rinse. It did half the house (quite a big house) And I didn't drown myself in the product which I usually seem to do??? Will do other half this weekend.