Plant ID help please :)

jills3, Nov 29, 4:49am
I think that is a grape vine,but see what others say,it looks good and healthy.

antoniab, Nov 29, 5:38am
Looks like some type of prunus to me but I dont know what young grape seedlings look like so be wrong, but the leaves seem too elongated and red stems!

maclad, Nov 29, 6:16am
It may possibly be a native wineberry

maclad, Nov 29, 6:16am
Certainly non of the others.

ro42, Nov 29, 6:18am
Looks like an apple seedling to me. Have a look at this one http://epicureaddict.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/flowers-sept-011.jpg
Did you have any apple seeds in the mix!

nabbed, Nov 29, 6:37am
the leaves are nothing like grape,the leaves f the grape are very broard and slightly fluffy underneath.I have had seedlings come up and the vine growing over my chook house is from a seedling.My mother has mandarines growing and the leaf on that is dark and shiney nothing like you have there, sorry.I would try again though,make sure you get the seeds from the fruit tree or vine that grow in your district as not all are suitable in differentparts of nz

junie2, Nov 29, 9:25am
Looks like the seedlings thrown from our neighbour's ornametal cherry/plum. Not like any grape I have ever seen. And yes maclad - a bit like a wineberry too, which are droped all over our place by birds.

earsd, Nov 29, 9:45am
oh yes i did have some apple seeds in there too, i forgot!, well i'll cosset it along until something recognisable happens ;) had another look in the rose pot and some other seeds have germinated and looks like thier true leaves might be the same as this, cheers guys. how old would it need to be before its def recognisable as an apple/grape/mandarin/weed !

earsd, Nov 29, 9:48am
actually i think ro42 is right, just been looking at some google images of apple seedlings and they look like what i have :) cool! now a few years wait to see if my lucky dip will be a nice fruit or not ;)

kateley, Nov 29, 8:24pm
a really good idea when sowing seeds is to make a label (I cut up yog lids into strips) and write the type of seed on it and the date.If you turn the written on side towards the side of the pot and push right in the writing doesn't fade in the sun.

holly-rocks, Nov 30, 3:52am
Is it a flowering cherry!

earsd, Dec 4, 7:02am
well what happened was when we ate various fruits, i put a few seeds in a container to dry and they all ended up in the same container once they wre dry and i put them in the fridge for 6 weeks to chill, couldnt remember what was what so i just sowed them all under a potted rose and didnt expect anything to grow, or i hoped i could recognise it if anything did! haha :)

helianthus, Dec 4, 7:16am
It looks like a cherry to me - whether ornamental or fruiting.

lemming2, Dec 6, 2:39am
Yup, looks like wineberry aka Aristotelia serrata. Pretty and ornamental but not fruiting.

daleaway, Dec 6, 3:30am
Looks like the wild cherry seedlings the birds gift to me in my garden - I've pulled out scores of the things.

spiritofgonzo, Dec 5, 11:03am
to be honest - so many seedlings look exactly like this.Could be one of a number of things.