Handbasin over toilet cistern.

masturbidder, Oct 8, 8:46am
I have seen space-saving handbasins over the toilet cistern (moulded into the lid as one unit) in Singapore, does anyone know if they are available in NZ ?

rojill, Oct 8, 8:56am
Motat may have a few old spares no longer needed.

takoyaki01, Oct 8, 9:02am
It's Japanese style. Give Mickey at http://www.japanhomes.co.nz/english/
a call. He might be able to source one or tell you where to get one from.

pandai, Oct 8, 10:03am
I have seen them in NZ so they must be available here.

The attraction is more about recycling the water into the cistern rather than saving space, so the eco-types may be aware of where to find one.

fast4motion, Oct 8, 10:08am
Yeah, we had one recently installed in a new staff toilet at work. Not sure where it was sourced from, but it was local.
As above, it's a good idea for conserving water, but personally it makes me think of a prison cell toilet, so not something I'd want in my own house. I also find it unpleasant leaning over the toilet to wash my hands. And because the basin is so small, water splashes over the toilet seat and nearby floor when you wash your hands, so it looks like you have very bad aim.

lythande1, Oct 8, 6:02pm

masturbidder, Oct 8, 8:53pm
We need one for a reno with a very narrow toilet room, and no basin at the moment.
That Caroma unit is the type of thing I was thinking of, but what a price!

schnauzer11, Oct 9, 3:28am
Yes, that put me off! Our loo is some distance from the bathroom, and the tap over the nearby laundry-sink is quite stiff, so not a good option. Maybe I'd be better getting the plumber to do something more user-friendly with the laundry tap.

mtbotrev, Sep 7, 3:03am
we thought about it but when we practised we said yeah nah. so installed small basin on adjacent wall instead. Cost about the same tho but more conventional so wont put people off when we resell.