Heat pump servicing - how much please

samsnan, Aug 14, 1:31am
Dh forgot to ask the man before he comes this afternoon. Would $300 be about right. We keep the filters clean ourselves.

underconstructy, Aug 14, 1:42am
Biggest scam going around is heat pump servicing!

pandai, Aug 14, 2:14am
There is nothing to service - all they will do is clean it.

A good clean, yes, but nothing more.

dbab, Aug 14, 5:17am
We've had our's for 18 years, and it's never been serviced.
We clean the filters a couple of times a year

luckysnoop, Aug 15, 11:31am
Fair go had a segment about cleaning it yourself a couple of weeks ago. Maybe check their website?

jane310567, Aug 15, 11:13pm
$300 seems a rip! I think I had mine done a few years ago for about $100. I agree with above tho - not necessary.

bluas, Aug 20, 2:55am
we had a servce rep come out and change the main filter in the roof for us only too him 2 mins I guess longest part of the job was talking to me

Cost $200 I wonder if one can do it ourselves like I say 2 mins I must climb up there one day to check it out

biggles45, Aug 20, 6:45am
Weve never had one serviced either. Keep the outside unit free of leaves etc and we clean the filters on the inside unit about once a month. Never had any problems so far.

trade4us2, Aug 20, 9:29am
$300 would be my heating bill for two years, using a couple of $20 heaters.

bluas, Aug 21, 7:43pm
there is a bigger filter that has to be cleaned every 2 years that is the filter I am talking of. Our heater is a fujitsu or however u spell it

wembley1, Aug 21, 8:29pm
We have two units in our house and had them serviced recently. He would have been on the job for around an hour twenty and charged $155.

kaylin, Aug 23, 4:25am

citydude, Oct 20, 5:49pm
We recently had ours serviced for $120 inc GST, West Auckland.

Was about a 45 minute service, inside and outside units, afterwards the unit was noticeably quieter and seemed to heat the house quicker/easier, thats for a 7kw Hitachi :)