Anyone got a portable heatpump?

kaconda, Apr 18, 8:11am
I want a heatpump I can move between 2 rooms. Any one got one? What brand/ model? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

pandai, Apr 18, 9:20am
Heat pumps take heat from one place and move it to another - i.e. take the heat from outside the house and move it to inside the house. Not really sure a portable one will do the trick. An electric heater might be the best bet coupled with a dehumidifier if you need to control moisture. It's a lot easier to heat dry air.

daryl14, Apr 18, 7:44pm
pandai wrote:
Heat pumps take the heat from outside the house and move it to inside the house.

Oh dear! How do they heat up a room in a minus 0 degrees area then?

This is a fluffy tagline the heat pump sellers put out to make them sound eco friendly etc. They really don't take any heat from outside your house, its impossible.

They generate their own heat by compressing the gas inside them and pumping that through the heat exchanger in your room. All the while burning up kilowatts of your power.

ira78, Jan 31, 6:05pm
Well, you're half right. Compress the gass inside the inside heat exchanger, temperature rises and you can dump that heat into the room. Let it reexpand in the outside exchanger and and it cools so it can be warmed from the outside air.