Moving a heatpump

jessie01, Apr 17, 8:21pm
I have moved into a new home and the heatpump is installed in the wrong area. How easy is it to move to another room please.my home is really small and I just want to move it a short distance

ryanm2, Apr 17, 9:19pm
Generally very easy to do - extend the pipe and cable, you may have to add a condensate pump for draining if going on internal wall.

jessie01, Apr 17, 9:29pm
I just got quoted 600-700 to do it. holy heck

johotech, Apr 17, 9:39pm
If it's going to be completely removed and reinstalled at a new location, then that price would be about right. It could be further from the switchboard requiring cables to be extended, or slightly longer pipe run? If it's very straight forward back to back at the old and new location, then it could be a little cheaper, maybe $500.

Every installation is different. Access to site, roof space, height above the ground, all contribute to the cost. For short distances between the indoor and outdoor unit, material cost is only a small part of the job price. Keep in mind you are doing a removal and an installation, so the labour can be higher than just a new install.

ira78, Apr 18, 12:27am
That doesn't strike me as unreasonable, pretty good even. You're probably looking at about the cost of a normal install, plus the cost of removing it. Does that include sealing up any holes in the walls, etc left by the removal?

jessie01, Feb 1, 7:58am
im not sure to be honest I think I will look at a heat transfer unit instead and use the heat from the open fire to heat the rooms