Fujitsu heatpump not heating

borolad, Aug 8, 4:59am
I'm trying to solve a problem for my neighbour, she has a Fujitsu inverter heatpump that has stopped heating. Power is all good to system and is able to cool. I did notice that timer indicator on unit flickers so think that this may have something to do with it? I've reset timer but it still flickers and no heat , any ideas what I can do to help , thanks

johotech, Aug 8, 5:05am
Switch off the main power to the unit. Wait a minute or two then switch it on again. I know that sounds like a "helpdesk" answer, but other than that, it's a call out for a service person.

edit, also take the batteries out of the remote for a minute or two at the same time, just in case it is on some strange timer setting.

borolad, Aug 8, 5:26am
Thanks, done that and light has stopped flashing, still no heat and fan. Works ok on cool. Strange, may have to be a call out?

borolad, Aug 8, 5:29am
Just got the message, heat pump working a treat now ???

dfd1, Aug 8, 5:44am
Have the filters been cleaned. turn off. open front panel and vacuum the filters. you would be surprised what a difference it will make too.

rotormotor7, Aug 8, 6:09am
that old chestnut.

love it when you get the blank look. " what filters?" when you suggest thats the reason the hp is getting progressively bad

gabbysnana, Aug 8, 9:56am
The thermo thing has failed, its a part in the inside unit. The blinking is a message if you google the flash pattern it will tell you the error.

elect70, Aug 9, 3:20am
Was it below 0 outdoors if so could have been on defrost cycle Takes 5 minutes or so at least . On minus temps you find out just how good your HP really is efficiency drops the lower the ambient & often defrosts several times an hour .

fordcrzy, Aug 9, 6:08am
our fujitsu ducted system sometimes takes 10 mins or so to wake up. you put it on heat and NOTHING happens, then all of a sudden she's all go

cagivachick1, Aug 9, 6:17am
i have a panasonic hP in a rental thats blowing cold as well could the op please let me know what they did to get it going?

elect70, Aug 11, 4:44am
They are actually going the fan starts after a delayto alow the pressure /heat to build up so it doesnt push cold air . Colder it is the longer it takes .

bluas, Oct 21, 4:03pm
the main filter may be blocked heaps the one in the roof. That is if you have the same sort as what we do there will be a box of some sort in the ceiling.

Dont kniwn for sure tho mate chhers