Peony experts please

sylvia, Nov 3, 1:57am
I have 2 peonies planted in the same location at the same time about 4 years ago - just different colours. One is doing brilliantly with lots of huge flowers and the other one sends up smallish spindly leaves and that's it - every year! I've even forgotten what it should look like. So, should I cut my losses and pull it out?

rainrain1, Nov 3, 2:56am
Move it to another spot and see how it behaves

mkbooks, Nov 4, 4:08am
Move it + feed it with chopped banana skins, they like a lot of feeding

sylvia, Nov 4, 8:47am
Thanks, I will try the banana skins - like roses too? Would you do this all the time or after the other one has finished flowering? I really have no other spot to move it too but will give it one more chance!

les6, Nov 5, 7:40am
they don`t like to be shifted anyway.i would try the feeding for one more year?

sophie98, Nov 6, 2:38am
Have you planted it to deep mine like to feel the sun. I would try moving
it to a different spot. Could be just sulking some do.

nigndids, Nov 10, 12:32am
I wouldn't panic. We had some which took 3 or 4 years before they started flowering. Now they are prolific.

sylvia, Nov 10, 9:52am
Will take your advice and give it another reprieve! Did you feed anything to yours?

nigndids, Aug 3, 11:56am
They probably benefitted from some rose fertiliser that we used and we also had Pimp My Lawn looking after our lawn on a quarterly basis most of that time. They used a hand held spreader to fertilise the lawn and undoubtedly some got among the peonies - perhapsto their benefit.