Any herb experts here.

k_stuart, Feb 5, 10:32pm
I planted dill and fennel this year but both bolted to seed, so what do I do now! pull them out! chop them back! do they re-grow!

Amateur gardener here!

davidt4, Feb 5, 10:41pm
We leave them until the seeds ripen on at least one seed head so that they re-seed themselves.Pull the plants out after that.It looks a bit untidy for a while but you end up with hundreds of seedlings, which you can thin out, transplant or just leave to grow.

spiritofgonzo, Feb 6, 8:56am
plants bolt to seed because they are stressed,in essence they cut their life short and reproduce.Mid summer is a stressful time for plants if they've just been planted.You need to water them immediately, and keep them well watered . personally, I don't plant any herbs in jan/feb.

terachaos, Feb 6, 7:37pm
Our fennel gets chopped back in winter, comes back with vengeance in the spring.

rainrain1, Feb 6, 11:09pm
cut your dill back, it regrows

mrfxit, Feb 7, 1:11am
Herbs . an apparently useful group of what would otherwise simply be called weeds

punkinthefirst, Feb 7, 8:35am
The seeds can be ground and used as flavourings as well as the leaves and stems, and as Davidt4 says, you'll probably get lots of new seedlings. Actually, some herbs don't like to be transplanted, and will bolt to seed if they are.

parahergest, Feb 26, 2:44pm
The fennel should be perrenial.It will keep on, after it has seeded.