Motivation garden

lazkaz, Oct 11, 4:37am
Motivation for getting in the garden, spent the last two weekends in my mothers garden and so need to do mine, aching all over from this mornings effort, would love a magic wand to rid the weeds and trim some trees. love my garden but. think I might get someone to start me off, a good tidy up. Need to make it easier for me.

samanya, Oct 11, 6:15am
There are plenty of people you could employ to give you a hand & a 'kick start' . then it's only a matter of keeping it tidy.
Personally, I feel very satisfied (even if I'm aching) after a day accomplishing heaps in the garden.
There are 'true' gardeners & then there are garden tidiers . have to work out which category you are in & go from there?

piquant, Oct 11, 7:13am
A good soak in a bath with Epsom salts helps!

lazkaz, Oct 11, 9:22am
Yes I could have a bath at mums with Epsom Salts. I have quite a big garden and it has got the better of me. A few injuries unfortunately more than just aches and pains. I have employed gardeners occasionally however the last time, he just turned the garden, never weeded, it cost quite a bit as well. I guess I shall make a start and see how I go, I need a kick in the backside. It is satisfying seeing it all done. Have about an hour to do at mum's tomorrow and that will be it for a month or so. Lawns at mine tomorrow, that always makes it look better. Longer evenings help, maybe an hour after work every couple of days. talking myself into it.

figjamto, Oct 11, 7:58pm
I love my garden also but would not call myself a "true" gardener but on the other hand I am not just a garden tidier. I have a gardener an elderly very wise man who helped me out with a good tidy up and very good advice, and I call him when I need a hand, in between I try and keep up with weeding and planting myself

lazkaz, Sep 4, 3:45pm
Your man sounds very good. I shall seek someone the same.