Can you repair a stick blender?

jh34, Oct 17, 12:10am
I've broken two Kenwood HB724
http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-nz/all-products/blenders-mixers-and-meat-grinders/hand-blenders/hand-blender---hb724---0whb724005
Each time a bit of bone got stuck between the blade and it's casing.
Obviously prevention is better than cure, however this time the shaft came out of it's plastic casing. I'm wondering if there is a glue that could hold it?

ira78, Oct 17, 12:29am
Without knowing what the actual damage is, it's hard to say, but "No." will cover 99% of the possibilities. If you've broken the shaft, there are epoxies for metal, or welding, but neither is likely to be a viable option.

bluefrog2, Oct 17, 1:00am
From experience, the smaller kitchen appliances are rarely worth the cost of repairing.
However, if it's within1 year old, and you still have the receipt, take it back to the shop and ask them to repair/replace. A "meat grinder" should not break just because you got a small bit of bone stuck somewhere, and usually these things will be covered by either the manufacturer warranty or the consumers guarantee act.

jh34, Oct 17, 2:18am
The shaft came out of it's plastic top. As far as I can see it is a straight round shaft which the plastic top hung on to. There may be a glue which would hold it tight?

I tried to get all the bone out but I missed a bit. I see another atachment has a wider casing so wouldn't have jammed.

wendalls, Oct 17, 8:03am
Mine crapped out chopping almonds and dates- the mini processor part. I saw on the breakfast show that their big processors didn't like chopping these either. Expensive lesson.

jh34, Nov 11, 9:14pm
I glued it with a 2 part epoxy resin (metal shaft to plastic gear) and so far going well.

lythande1, Nov 12, 12:29am
Araldite - not the 5 minute one though.

cantabman1, Nov 12, 7:12pm
It is a throw away world we now live in. Suck it up and go buy another one.

budgel, Nov 12, 8:41pm
I think the vacuum cleaner may be broken too!

maclad, Nov 13, 4:11am
Yep it is a sorry state of the times and definitely a throw away world. That is because we are always looking for more enviromentally friendly things to use as landfill. LOL LOL LOL

tiny15, Nov 15, 8:33am
'stick' it in the bin

..pip.., Nov 15, 7:27pm
Stop blending bone maybe?

jh34, Nov 23, 8:46pm
I was only using one attachment for everything but now I use a wider pureing one (a small piece of bone shouldn't catch it).

Is still working with the 2 part epoxy holding the shaft. Is a 700Watt blender and cost about $160(?)

macandrosie, Jul 21, 10:00am
I've been through 2 Kenwoods as well so changed to a panasonic this year. I make basil pesto throughout the summer & I find the lid doesn't line up with the top of the blade. So as it wears out it stops driving the blade around. The stick part is fine but the tiny processor just doesn't last.