Looking for Mignonette plants to buy.

dollydot, Nov 25, 4:52am
Anyone know where I can locate mignonette plants (rather than seeds) as mine usually self seed and I have plenty but this year I have none sadly.I have used the search functions on several online plant businesses but none have mignonette plants so far.Palmers don't have anyone who grows them for them at the moment.

macandrosie, Nov 25, 6:11am
I think you'll have to grow them from seed, Egmont Seeds have them. Google them or look at their website.

matthews4, Nov 25, 7:15am
do you mean the old mignonette!I have had it for years, and for some reason, only came up in my vege garde, and self seeded.Have managed to get 2 growing in another part of the garden, at last, and hope they will seed in that area.Not as big as others used to be, but had to transplant, so that is maybe why.also, Love lies bleeding loves the vege garden - have a lot of seedling of that come up just lately, so must try and plant them back in to flower garden.Must come out of compost. whick i make myself.Only put it on vege garden.

dollydot, Nov 25, 10:09am
Yes it's looking like I'll have to grow from seed as it doesn't seem to be in vogue at the moment.It's a great flower to combine with others to pick and it's kind of a family tradition that we grow it like my Granny did. I was hoping to have plants to flower this summer but maybe next year.It does normally self seed beautifully but this year the garden got a bit weedy and think they may have become suffocated and now I can't find them!

dollydot, Nov 20, 5:53am
Yes it's old fashioned, the bees love it too!