There are so many plants I'd like for my gardens!

summersunnz, Aug 15, 5:14am
Just having a wander through Trademe plants alone is tempting, and I can search by flower/foliage colours. never mind all the other online sites. and the garden centres. and the nurseries. and the side-of-the-road stalls. and school and church fairs. and.

My plants-to-grow list just grows longer!

samanya, Aug 15, 6:17am
That's what real gardeners all get excited about . even if, like me, they have to find spaces . we will still try.
Go for it!

summersunnz, Aug 15, 10:34am
Yes. lucky this is a large section - online plant buying is just a sit-down with a cuppa and the fire burning :-)

glasscreations, Aug 16, 6:28am
I know the feeling. I'm loving peonies at the moment and Solomons seal! But I don't have much room left in garden, but do have a paddock. lol

samanya, Aug 16, 6:35am
I know the feeling too . I have a large garden & it's quite full & I still can't resist buying plants, but I will NOT enlarge into a paddock (been there, done that) . veges are my thing, cos I love eating & it has to be fresh & unadulterated.
You should be able to grow fantastic Peonies . I have heaps & they are just lovely.

maclad, Aug 17, 1:57am
I know it is ridiculous but I have paeonies here in Tauranga and have to say I have seen them flower here so am hopeful that this years many, many heavy and unseasonable frosts may encourage mine to flower finally. If they do I can finally post the pic for Piquant of a paeony flowering in Tauranga.

samanya, Aug 17, 7:43am
Good luck for a Paeony flower, or several.
Mine are usually great, but on the upside, I'll bet you can grow a heap of things that I'd love to & can't because of the harsher climate.

piquant, Aug 17, 8:41am
You can always put ice round the plants, maclad. Tricks them into thinking they live in the far south rather than the balmy bay of plenty!

chic_style, Aug 17, 7:44pm
Arghhh more plants lol

maclad, Aug 18, 4:42am
Well of course, there are so, so many lovely cold climate plants that I lust after. Sadly it is not to be and not worth trying. I will just love the ones I can grow.

samanya, Oct 24, 10:47am
& I lust after warmer climate plants . a Tamarillo would be right up there. I've lost a few baby citrus, this year, after some horrendous frosts ( -7) & my mature Meyer lemon tree, planted under wide eves & which I treasure, is looking very sad, but it will survive & my Tangelo is going to need some TLC. One of my huge pleasures in life is wandering around my garden & picking a Tangelo for lunch.
Ya can't eat Peonies (well I don't think you can) ;o)