Paint question

pedulla, Jan 17, 11:58pm
we have thin wood paneling in hallway which am wanting to paint over - slight vanish on it

have given it a light sand and now want a sealer - would really prefer a sealer that is acrylic as I just cant paint with oil due to smell etc.

any recommendations or would i need to use an oil based (have been around a few different places asking and seem to be getting differing opinions)

nzmax, Jan 18, 12:54am
I would suggest the Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 primer sealer. Has good adhesion to glossy surfaces and has a stain blocker in it also, so if your wood is stained it wont bleed through. Its water based also. Any of the hardware stores will have it and probably some paint shops will also.

http://www.rustoleum.com.au/index.php/products/zinsser-products/item/bulls-eye-1-2-3?category_id=23

rusty-bones, Jan 18, 1:34am
I use a undercoat that has a sealer in it. I can't remember the name now. It's great to, use it indoors and outdoors.

kenw1, Jan 18, 4:53am
+1 Great stuff, try Bunnings.

happychappy50, Jan 18, 7:08am
The shellac based one is better as it's stain blocking capabilities are 2 nd to none,also adheres to any surface,would'nt look at any other product,tried & proven for mysel

ang_ck, Mar 28, 5:15pm
That Zinsser Bulls Eye sealer is so amazing. I strongly recommend it as suggested by nzmax and kenw1. I was lucky to get from Mitre 10 at 2 4L cans for $90 just before Xmas.