Can anyone identify this plant?

trade4us2, Oct 25, 4:25am
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/420862065.jpg

If it's not a dreadful weed, it might make a nice groundcover for my steep bank. It seems to be taking over the bank now and is better than nasturtium that keeps dying off.

maclad, Oct 25, 4:35am
As far as I know it is a Cymbalaria, not sure whch one. Known as Kenilworth Ivy and it spreads and spreads by self seeding.

piquant, Oct 25, 4:36am
Cymbalaria muralis - Ivy leaved toadflax. Quite invasive if you let it get away!Will smother most things so if you have any treasures - make sure you keep a patch free around them.

maclad, Oct 25, 4:39am
I battle this at work for 10 years and just when I think I am winning it rears its pretty head in a new spot.

trade4us2, Oct 25, 5:01am
I shall allow it to cover the whole bank! Otherwise it will fall on my house or the bank will get covered in the most awful weeds.

davidt4, Oct 25, 7:34am
In Auckland this is an awful pest, really invasive and will smother everything in its path. It is really hard to get rid of. Even if you don't mind this aspect, have consideration for your neighbours, whose gardens will end up infested as well.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 25, 7:54am
That thing'd survive Ground Zero I suspect. Very clever plant.

trade4us2, Aug 20, 6:03pm
My neighbours already have woolly and black nightshade, black wattle, Asparagus asparagoides, Moth Vine, Pampas, Convolvulus, Wild ginger, etc etc, all of which I try to get rid of.