Lifting an established garden

rebecca18, Jan 19, 4:06am
Just giving this a bump??

piquant, Jan 19, 5:54am
That wasn't good advice and I'm glad you asked. There are very few plants you can "bury" like that and get away with it. Clematis would be about the only thing I could think of off the top of my head.
Probably better to post a pic if you can as a lot will depend upon how established your plants are. But the critical thing is NOT to try and do anything about it now. It is quite the wrong time of the year and I'll just about guarantee you'd kill them all. Let's have a look first and we can take it from there.

maclad, Jan 19, 5:57am
Piquants advice is very good, winter would be a much better time and you have nothing to lose by waiting.

warren_macnee, Mar 27, 2:55pm
I have a flower garden that has a beautiful maple tree, some roses, a peony and a few other things I want to keep, but it has the most terrible rock hard clay soil and nothing else will grow in it no matter how much compost and organic matter we dig in. I'm thinking about building it up into a raised bed with a wooden surround and filling it up with good soil - someone once told me you could do this with established plants and they would lift themselves up, but I don't want to try and find they all die! Does anyone have experience and can offer me some advice?