Any idea of cut costs at bunnings?

customise84, Jun 16, 8:37am
I am in a right shit of a mood thanks to Mega and their effing bowed clears that we didn't notice until putting it together. I am not hugely comfortable with doing the replacement cuts without hubby, and thought I might get bunnings to do it when I buy the replacement timber. Anyone know what their prices are?

gabbysnana, Jun 16, 8:43am
$1 a cut

customise84, Jun 16, 8:54am
Sweet. Happy to pay that because I really want it finished yesterday and don't want to wait another few weeks for the cuts to be done by hubby.

5425, Jun 16, 9:00am
Why did you not use a tradesperson who would have not chosen 2nd grade or warped timber ?.

customise84, Jun 16, 9:12am
Because it's a little home DIY project for a wee standalone shelf. Not a bloody kitchen unit or anything like that. Could've used my registered master builder father in law, or my now retired builder father. But thought I'd do something by myself. But cheers for the awesome assumption message board person lol

5425, Jun 16, 9:15am
Real clever actions some do , then want to blame others.

customise84, Jun 16, 9:18am
I love how one small part of a story can be turned into such a big drama on these boards. Been here for 10 plus years (including on an old name) and I never tire of seeing noddies jump to conclusions lol

5425, Jun 16, 9:19am
If you knew so much , why are you asking for simple self help.?

customise84, Jun 16, 9:21am
No where did I say I know so much. There's those damn conclusions popping up again. Buggers of things aren't they!

Oh and help? No period. Just sayin'

budgel, Jun 16, 9:24pm
The positive thing from this is that you have gained experience that you will have forever. Good on you for having a go!

golfdiver, Jun 16, 9:59pm
Could have just rung Bunnings and asked. Would have saved you all this conclusion jumping.

oh_hunnihunni, Jun 16, 10:14pm
I just turn the bowed ones over. But then I'm no tool user, those things are dangerous in these hands.

bluefrog2, Jun 16, 10:56pm
I always get the Dunedin Bunnings guys to cut timber for me. Mainly for craft projects. They don't charge any extra over the price of the timber.
I go when they're not busy, and get them to cut to size with their on site circular saw. They always do an amazing job.

EDIT: Haven't been to Mitre 10 since I bought a clothesline from then and found the exact same thing at Bunnings for nearly half the price. Managed to get a refund from Mitre 10, but they were so grudging about it - kept repeating how it wasn't their fault. I don't care whose fault it is, I just wanted my refund.

golfdiver, Jun 16, 11:10pm
Why should they give you a refund?

cwag, Jun 18, 12:05am
I agree with golfdiver. A phone call to Bunnings would have given you the answer. I can never understand why people ask other people rather than the supplier they are going to be dealing with.

monsieurl, Dec 13, 10:00am
Wow! Talk about a lot of douchebags throwing their 2 cents in today.