Hose Reels

pete48, Jan 5, 5:26am
Want to buy a hose reel. Not interested in retractable. Had plastic ones before and they did not last. Looking at one at Mitre10
http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/garden_centre/watering/atlas_hose_reel_mkii__140151/
Any advise would be appreciated.Peter

golfdiver, Jan 5, 6:27am
I tend to think all the hardware store ones are just price based junk. There is a commercial place at the Mount with heaps of really decent looking gear. Be prepared to pay. Just once however

pete48, Jan 5, 6:34am
Mount what! Got a Mount Cargill down here

fantail8, Jan 6, 9:17am
are you wanting it to be fixed such as on a wall! a wheel rim makes a great hose reel if so

golfdiver, Jan 6, 5:08pm
If you need to ask, then you are too far away

toymit, Jan 6, 7:54pm
Hmmmm.that one looks handy.might keep an eye out for one.

jill117, Jan 7, 9:26pm
Yes, I have a couple of those, they are nice and sturdy.Do keep an eye out, there should be a few around at the moment as schools are having to get rid of them now.

survivalkiwi, Jan 7, 10:16pm
Second the fire hose. I put one in and hooked it straight into the water main before it enters the house. The volume of water is great for washing cars and hosing down the drive etc.

anne1955, Jan 8, 5:56am
I just brought a new hose and yesterday turned it on for probably 10th time maybe and it has a pin hole in it bit peed off wasn't cheap but wasn't overly expensive so now water from the pin hole.I will return it if I find the receipt even my ex Warehouse ones have lasted longer than this one not from it.

alfred011, Jun 6, 12:49pm
Weld a wheel rim to a piece on pipe and hammer it in to the ground then you just loop the hose over it.