Vinyl quote

iamashopaholic, Nov 19, 6:10am
Could someone please tell me how much would be fair to pay for the thinline board installation part of a vinyl laying quote! Our quote is for approx 9.7 (boards I assume) quantity and it seems a little expensive but maybe I am out of touch with prices. TIA.

skin1235, Nov 19, 8:05am
not sure on prices now but it was approx $16 a sheet for 6mm a couple of years ago
but a warning - it is vital it is laid properly and best left to someone who has experience and more importantly a callback - have seen many laid by homeowners who were not aware of the importance it plays in the finish - they now have obvious lines and edges in their floors, professional layers will not put vinyl down until the sub has been properly done

woodhouse_elect, Nov 19, 8:17am
Try www.builderscrack.co.nz for a couple of local quotes

russ18, Nov 19, 9:27am
Just did our floor prep over the weekend, vinyl went down this morning.
I used 12 x sheets of 4.75mm shot down with around 3500 staples. My material cost on that was $288 plus a full days work just punching nails and pulling old tacks and staples and removing the remains of some tiles then almost another full day cutting and fitting the sheets and a bit of sanding.

diddi1, Nov 20, 8:01am
You can work on between $28 - $35 per sq metre + gst for supply and install of 4.75mm thinline.

iamashopaholic, Nov 21, 6:33am
Thanks for all your replies. We had a second quote done instore and the thinline & installation prices were about the same. As it is a new build (small add on we have been told that we could just have the floor sanded and prepped instead of thinline. Any comments on this option! Thanks again.

subaru_rulz, Nov 27, 8:24am
hi i am a carpet/vinyl layer is the 9.7m 2 or 3m wide vinyl and any idea what sort of prep your floor needs apart from the thinline! also this is for anyone out there that wants to do there own thinline to save money it MUST be 4.75mm not 3mm if you put down 3mm the layer may not (should not) lay over you can end up with serious isues. Sometimes pay that extra to get a pro to do it right the first time is worth it and easier.

iamashopaholic, Nov 28, 6:15am
Vinyl is 3m wide, floor is brand new, so just a light sanding I assume and filling of screw holes.

chas, Nov 25, 3:08pm
Better to put down the thinline.If its a chipboard floor quite ofen the chips can be seen through the viny and if its T& G definately thinline as boards will most probably show through.