Laying Vinyl planks over chipboard floor

ayjay1, May 26, 9:53am
I have a house that has Polyurethane over particle board floors.
It was just a short term finish to last until we could afford something better.
Can I expect to have any problems with adhesion because of the polyurethane. The floor has a low sheen finish and because we have a lot of stuff! I want to avoid sanding it again if poss.
I was thinking of putting a coat of Zinsser BIN over it with the idea that it would give the glue something to stick to. I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has had some experience in this area.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

happychappy50, May 26, 10:10am
Zinnseer have a hot line number 03 3477770 ring them & ask,that way you get the correct info,I would suspect it would work as it works when sprayed on to silicone.Good luck

ayjay1, May 26, 10:34am
Never thought of that LOL thanks 11111

maverick67, May 26, 10:35am
What about using a product like GERFLOR which are click together vinyl planks. We have put some down, they are great easy to lay. No Glue, and can be used in waterproof areas. They are available at Carpet Court ($70 per m2 if laying yourself. There is similar product at XFloor Flair not sure of the name similar price.

ayjay1, May 26, 6:10pm
I will check that out. Thanks maverick

cwag, Dec 31, 10:42am
There are heaps of different "click together" flooring systems on the market. None of them require gluing down and would be ideal for this.