Hot house floor?

devine-spark, Sep 15, 6:03am
I am thinking of putting pavers down in the hot house.
It is currently soil, and for a year or two I planted directly. The last year I used pots and bags so that I had more control over diseases and could easily eliminate problems. I also want to put some shelves in and currently they tilt with their feet in the soil.
Now I am thinking of putting pavers down to help with the amount of weeding I have to do, and help keep down some oxalis that is a real pain in the proverbial. The shelves would be better on pavers.
I also will put in an irrigation system at the same time.
Any suggestions about keeping maintenance down?

johotech, Sep 15, 6:57am
Concrete.

maynard9, Sep 15, 8:31pm
I have large square pavers and are excellent for the job. It is amazing how much heat they release too.

Hubby put an irrigation system in also when he built it. He put a connection so I could attach a hand held sprinkler which is fabulous as sometimes I don't always want to water everything.

tigra, Sep 15, 10:24pm
Pavers will do the job

kam04, Sep 29, 10:51pm
I line the dirt floor with black polythene, cut drain holes and cover with bark chips and sit my pots on this. Good drainage. Weeds easy to pull out, if any should show. Looks nice and tidy. After about three or four seasons I replace the chips and put the old ones on the flower garden.