What to do with zucchini plant

white_pigeon, Mar 23, 7:34am
I'm a novice gardener and now that I've harvested my zucchinis (which turned into marrows) I don't know what to do with the plant. Do I leave it until next spring or do I have to throw it in the compost and plant another one later this year! Grateful for any advice thanks.

mardi5, Mar 23, 7:44am
Annual not perenial

shanreagh, Mar 23, 7:44am
Zucchinis are planted as annuals ie new plants each year.So compost it and get ideas from here on what to plant as a winter crop or put a good layer of compost and/or some pea straw and leave fallow until next spring.

white_pigeon, Mar 23, 7:49am
Super thanks a lot! :-)

pisces47, Mar 23, 1:37pm
And check every day in growing season as like you said in one day they can go from zucchinis to marrow

lythande1, Mar 23, 7:03pm
There aren't too many vegetables that are perennials, silverbeet perhaps.but eventually even that goes to seed.

brigette6, Mar 23, 9:01pm
compost it or do what i did and chop it up with a spade and turn it over into the soil

arabelle, Mar 23, 9:58pm
I wouldnt be putting it into the compost as chances of transferring the mold/fungi are high. pull it up and let it wilt and in a few days time very little left to either go into weed pile or off to the dump.
if you have ducks toss it to them , mine is forever attacking the plant and eating the flowers and leaves. he is nearly a roast duck if he carries on like that.

malone4, Apr 26, 6:48pm
mmmm marrow flavoured roast duck.