Sweet peas a question

kingbumble, Jan 30, 10:15pm
how do i get more seeds to plant for next year!

pierina1, Jan 30, 10:24pm
Save them from the flowers, if its too late for that I'm afraid you will have to buy them, or ask your friends.

poppysinger2, Jan 30, 10:30pm
The best way is to let the flower stay on the plant and a peapod will develop. You need to let this go brown and sort of dead looking and inside there are your seeds for next time!The down side to this is that the plant will stop flowering as its work is done and the next generation is ready to roll. Also the seeds may be different to the original as the bees mix them up when they pollnate the flowers.

mushroom990, Jan 31, 3:34am
Plant the sweet pea seed in autumn for the best plants. Spring sown sweet peas don't grow as well in my opinion.

gkgirl, Jan 31, 3:35am
Yep, what poppy said. Also I used to put little baggies around them as they were drying out to catch the seeds if they popped.

Keep them dry til next year and sprout them and plant them really soon after they sprouted. legumes don't like being moved once they have rooted.

edenrose, Feb 16, 11:48am
Will the plants improve the soil, if dug in, like other legumes, when finished!Just a thought.Thanks.

mottly, Mar 11, 6:11am
yes, yes.dig them into the soil.they're excellent for it.